ICI Electrical Engineering
We believe that technology can build a better tomorrow when safely and securely applied. People are the most important part of a project and of an operation. It is our diverse and individual experiences that empower us to develop complex projects for critical infrastructure that exceed expectations and can be explained with exceptional clarity. We engineer and secure critical infrastructure which municipal and industrial operations rely on. Industrial Cybersecurity, Controls and Electrical Power Systems.
What does ICI stand for? ICI means that you can ask any question, and we will find the solution together. It means as a team, we will support your individual professional growth and to keep your perspective positive through the tough times and through the fun times. ICI means that you never stop learning and never stop striving to make life better.
As ICI continues to grow, we are seeking like-minded individuals on our consulting team who can say yes to everything in the previous paragraph and who feels the motivation to learn and expand their minds.
Senior Electrical Engineer – Kamloops Office
As an integral member of the Power and Controls Engineering Team, the Senior Electrical Engineer will work alongside the Project Management team to successfully design and implement sustainable projects. They will utilize their extensive knowledge and experience to lead the design in Critical Infrastructure modernization projects for industrial and municipal clients across Western Canada. The successful candidate for this role will have minimum 10 years’ experience in consulting engineering, be a registered EGBC Professional Engineer member, and have a passion for innovation and technology.
- Demonstrate the ability to prepare and present technical information to a variety of audiences including non-technical clients and team members, project stakeholders, contractors, clients, regulatory/government agencies and other consultants through master plan and design reports.
- Experience in reviewing engineering proposals, scope of work, schedules and cost estimates. Consulting experience is an asset.
- Confidence in leading engineering designs and demonstrable accountability in understanding of professional engineering liabilities and code of ethics.
- Substantial knowledge of regulatory standards, BC Hydro standards, codes and industry best practices.
- Demonstrate an aptitude to work with and mentor EIT’s and Junior Engineers to share knowledge and participate in industry societies that align with corporate values.
- Maintain and improve on existing engineering workflows and processes.
Technical experience in the following areas is an asset:
- Review, prepare and oversee the design development of power systems, low and medium voltage power distribution design, grounding, power control schemes, single line diagrams, process control systems, and equipment BOMs, review of modelling performed using ETAP or CYME. BC Hydro coordination experience is an asset.
- Review, prepare and oversee the development of control systems design including P&ID review, control philosophy and narrative, industrial network & communication architecture, instrumentation selection and related design packages and standards.
- Understanding of the role of Industrial Cybersecurity in the design of secure Critical Infrastructure.
- Understanding in process control optimization, system deployment of ePAC and high-reliability systems, including hot-standby and hybrid-DCS, industrial protocols knowledge and experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Site safety awareness and experience supervising workers on a project site
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent motivational skills and multitasking abilities
- Public speaking, networking and presentation skills
- Practical experience with CAD software
- Ideally based out of the Kamloops office and available to travel 20% of the time
Our Head Office is located in Kamloops, but remote working options within BC are possible. If interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Electrical Engineer - 2021.06.1” or through our contact page at https://www.icieng.com/contact/
ICI Electrical Engineering, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.