We believe that technology can build a better tomorrow when safely and securely applied. People are the most important part of a project and of an operation. It is our diverse and individual experiences that empower us to develop complex projects for critical infrastructure that exceed expectations and can be explained with exceptional clarity. We engineer and secure critical infrastructure which municipal and industrial operations rely on. Industrial Cybersecurity, Controls and Electrical Power Systems.
What does ICI stand for? ICI means that you can ask any question, and we will find the solution together. It means as a team, we will support your individual professional growth and to keep your perspective positive through the tough times and through the fun times. ICI means that you never stop learning and never stop striving to make life better.
As ICI continues to grow, we are seeking like-minded individuals on our consulting team who can say yes to everything in the previous paragraph and who feels the motivation to learn and expand their minds.
Instrumentation and Control Systems Programmer – Kamloops Office
As an integral member of both the Controls Team, the Instrumentation and Control Systems Programmer will design, program, and commission instrumentation and control systems for municipal industrial clients across Canada. Working alongside Engineers, Technologists and Project Managers, they will ensure all deliverables meet both ICI’s internal quality standards and their own.
The successful candidate for this role will be a member of ASTTBC, have a passion for innovation and technology, proven project successes and possess the following qualifications:
- Electrical or Instrumentation Engineering Technologists Diploma,
- 4+ years of related education and experience in designing, programming, troubleshooting and implementation of industrial control systems and SCADA within Canada,
- Knowledge and experience referencing electrical safety design codes, regulatory standards and industry best practices,
- AutoCAD, Windows and Office365 proficiency,
- Hands-on experience designing, programming, updating, and troubleshooting a variety of HMI and PLC systems, process drives and controls, programming with Schneider Electric is an asset,
- Industrial protocols knowledge and experience (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus),
- Instrumentation experience, including specifying instrumentation and controls, preparing drawings, data sheets, block diagrams and specifications,
- Personal interest in working with computers and electronics.
- Site safety awareness and experience on project sites
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and technical writing skills
- Based out of the Kamloops office and available to travel 40% of the time
- Previous consulting experience and industry training will be considered an asset
Knowledge and understanding of the topics mentioned herein will be evaluated during the review process.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Instrumentation and Controls - 2021.06.2” or through our contact page https://www.icieng.com/contact/ .
ICI Electrical Engineering, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.