We believe that technology can build a better tomorrow when safely and securely applied. People are the most important part of a project and of an operation. It is our diverse and individual experiences that empower us to develop complex projects for critical infrastructure that exceed expectations and can be explained with exceptional clarity. We engineer and secure critical infrastructure which municipal and industrial operations rely on. Industrial Cybersecurity, Controls and Electrical Power Systems.
What does ICI stand for? ICI means that you can ask any question, and we will find the solution together. It means as a team, we will support your individual professional growth and to keep your perspective positive through the tough times and through the fun times. ICI means that you never stop learning and never stop striving to make life better.
As ICI continues to grow, we are seeking like-minded individuals on our consulting team who can say yes to everything in the previous paragraph and who feels the motivation to learn and expand their minds.
Electrical Power Systems Designer
As an integral member of both the Power and Controls Teams, the Electrical Power Systems Designer will design protection and coordination for low to medium voltage power systems, grounding systems design, draft reports, summarize studies, perform field reviews and participate in commissioning activities for industrial and municipal clients across Western Canada.
The successful candidate for this role will be a member of ASTTBC and/or EGBC, have a passion for innovation and technology, proven project successes and possess the following qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ power systems engineering experience within Canada.
- Demonstrate understanding of the System Under Design through practical, onsite experience with project commissioning and verification.
- Experience in performing analysis and modelling using ETAP, SKM or CYME with 600V through to 35 kV.
- Substantial knowledge and experience referencing electrical safety design codes, regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- AutoCAD and Office365 proficiency.
- Industrial protocols knowledge and experience.
- Site safety awareness and experience on project sites,
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW) certification in accordance with CSA Z462,
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills,
- Flexible work location, based out of the Kamloops office is preferred and available to travel 20% of the time.
- Previous consulting experience and industry training is required.
Knowledge and understanding of the topics mentioned herein will be evaluated during the review process.
The Head Office is located in Kamloops, but remote working options within BC are possible. If interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Power Systems Designer- 2021.06.3”, or through our contact page at https://www.icieng.com/contact/ .
ICI Electrical Engineering, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.