We believe that technology can build a better tomorrow when safely and securely applied. People are the most important part of a project and of an operation. It is our diverse and individual experiences that empower us to develop complex projects for critical infrastructure that exceed expectations and can be explained with exceptional clarity. We engineer and secure critical infrastructure which municipal and industrial operations rely on. Industrial Cybersecurity, Controls and Electrical Power Systems.
What does ICI stand for? ICI means that you can ask any question, and we will find the solution together. It means as a team, we will support your individual professional growth and to keep your perspective positive through the tough times and through the fun times. ICI means that you never stop learning and never stop striving to make life better.
As ICI continues to grow, we are seeking like-minded individuals on our consulting team who can say yes to everything in the previous paragraph and who feels the motivation to learn and expand their minds.
SCADA and Network Programmer
As an integral member of the Controls and Cybersecurity Team, the SCADA and Network Programmer will perform SCADA system design and programming and Industrial Network design for the secure deployment of projects to municipal and industrial clients across Canada. Working alongside Engineers, Technologists and Project Managers, they will ensure all deliverables meet both ICI’s internal quality standards, and their own.
The successful candidate for this role will have a passion for innovation and technology, proven project successes and possess the following qualifications:
- Computer Science Degree or Diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of related education and experience in designing, programming, troubleshooting and implementation of industrial SCADA and Industrial Network systems.
- Knowledge and experience in the applications of Industrial Cybersecurity to SCADA and Network systems for Critical Infrastructure.
- Knowledge and experience referencing electrical safety design codes, regulatory standards and industry best practices.
- Windows and Office365 proficiency, Linux (Debian, Kali, Backbox), MacOS (and mobile OS) experience is an asset.
- Cisco CCNA and related certifications are an asset.
- Industrial protocols knowledge and experience (Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Modbus, SNMP, Ethernet, Mirrorbits)
- Utilization and configuration of Virtual Machines, including VMware ESXi, Google Cloud and desktop applications for VMWare and Parallels.
- Experience with VPN systems utilizing IPsec and OpenVPN protocols.
- SCADA Systems: Wonderware System Platform/OMI preferred. iFix, Citect are considered assets.
- Personal interest in working with computers and electronics.
- Site safety awareness and experience on project sites
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and technical writing skills
- Flexible work location, based out of the Kamloops office is preferred and available to travel 40% of the time
- Previous consulting experience and industry training will be considered an asset
Knowledge and understanding of the topics mentioned herein will be evaluated during the review process.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Instrumentation and SCADA - 2021.06.4”
ICI Electrical Engineering, Ltd is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.